You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
UN Treaty Body Database
Human Rights Bodies
Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights
Date First Elected
01 Jan 1999
Date Term Expires
31 Dec 2010
Position on Committee
(1980-1981):President of the Court of First Instance of Yaoundé.
(1981-1988):Deputy Director of Legal Affairs and of the SealMinistry of Justice.
(1988-1989):Procurator-Generalthe Court of Appeal of Garoua.
(1989-1991):President of the Court of Appeal of the Centre province.
Since 1991:Supreme Court judge and Acting President of the Administrative Chamber of the Supreme Court.
Positions of responsibility:
- President of the National Election Commission for the elections to the National Assembly of 17 and 18 July and the special elections of 3 August 1997.
- President of the National Election Commission for the presidential election of 12 October 1997.
International seminars and conferences
- 1986:Seminar at the International Law InstituteRomeon the conclusion of international contracts.
- 1987:Colloquium on human rightsLomé (Togo).
- 1993 and 1995:Sessions of the Committee against TortureGeneva.
- 1996:Seminar on human rightsNew York.
- Diploma, National School of Administration and Magistrature.
- Diploma, Institut international dadministration publique (International Institute of Public Administration), Paris.
Supreme Court judge and Acting President of the Administrative Chamber of the Supreme Court.